Dual Immersion Program
Dual language classrooms are a mix of students who are English dominant with students who are Spanish dominant. This mix of students provides optimal interaction and learning.
Kindergarten students who participate in the program do not have to be Spanish speakers. The program teaches students to speak, read, and write in Spanish while maintaining a rigorous academic program in English. It is the expectation that students will participate in this program through the sixth grade in order to fully benefit from the approach.
Inter/Intra-District transfer students will be considered, transportation must be provided by parents.
Our dual language immersion program prepares students to become global citizens in a multi-lingual/multi-cultural world by providing them with the opportunity to become proficient in two languages.
Advantages of the Program
- Research shows that students who learn two languages perform better in school.
- Students learn in an ethnically, culturally, and linguistically integrated environment.
- Students become biliterate in English and Spanish.
- Students can become trilingual in a language of their choice in high school.
- Students will be prepared for future linguistic and cultural opportunities such as international marketing, social work, publishing, and many more as a result of their biliteracy.